All of the email accounts you create within your cPanel require their own individual passwords.
It is highly recommended that when setting up an email account thtat you DO NOT re-use your Cpanel password for any of your email accounts (Mailboxes).
When creating your email accounts, please ensure that you keep a record of each mailbox password somewhere safe.
If you cannot remember the password for one of your email accounts you can simply follow these easy steps to reset your email account password.
- Log into your website control panel. (Put /cpanel on the end of your domain name)
- Click on the "Email Accounts" icon.
- Then click on "Manage" beside the mailbox you want to reset.
- Either enter the new password or click on "Generate" to have one created for you.
- Scroll down and click on "Update email Settings"
- Update your email software with the new password ASAP.
You do not need to know your original email account password to do this.
If you have lost your control panel (cPanel) password then please login to your client area first, then go to "Services > My Services" then click on the "Active" beside the hosting plan password you want to reset.
Now you can view the details of the hosting plan you have lost the control panel password for and you will see it displayed down the left hand side "Reset password". This will reset your cPanel password.
You can only change your cPanel password from your client area, not from wirthin cPanel. This is to insure that any third parties you provide the cPanel details to cannot lock you out of your own cPanel.
If you are completely stuck, then please do telephone us and ask for help. We will of course require you to prove who you are, so if you are not the account owner, then please ask them to call us.