This article explains how to move an iWeb site, including one with a personal domain, from MobileMe to WESH UK.
Please note that this article is simply copied and edited straight from Apple, we do not use iweb, nor can we assist your use of iweb.
- You need a web hosting account with WESH UK before proceeding.
- When publishing an iWeb site to a WESH UK Web hosting, the following features and more WILL be available: blog and photo comments, website password, blog search, and hit counter.
Move an iWeb site that is currently published to MobileMe
If you have iWeb '09 (version 3.0) or later, follow these steps from the Mac on which you published your web site. To check which version of iWeb you have choose iWeb > About iWeb.
- Open iWeb '09 and click the name of the site you want to publish in the left sidebar. The Site Publishing Settings window appears.
- In the Site Publishing Settings window, choose FTP Server from the Publish to drop-down menu.
- Enter the following information:
- Site name (optional).
- Contact email (optional).
- FTP server address (Either the IP address we gave you or your domain name).
- User name for publishing to your web hosting service (Your new cpanel username)
- Password (Your cpanel password we sent you)
- Directory and path (/public_html).
- Protocol and port (FTP = Port 21).
- Click the Test Connection button to make sure you have entered your information correctly.
- Enter the URL for your website.
- Click the Publish Site button.
If you have an earlier version of iWeb, select the "Publish to Folder" option to publish your site to a local folder and then upload it to your WESH UK hosting account.
- Open iWeb and chooseÂ File > Publish to Folder. By default, iWeb saves the published results to a Sites folder inÂ your Mac Home folder.
- Once your site is saved to the folder, you can upload it to the FTP server with an FTP publishing application.
If you no longer have a copy of your site in iWeb, you can download the data directly from your MobileMe iDisk and then upload it to your WESH UK hosting account.
- From the Finder menu, chooseÂ File > New Finder Window.
- Under Devices on the left, click the iDisk icon and then chooseÂ Web > Sites.
- In the Sites folder, locate the "index.html" file and the folders namedÂ after your existing iWeb-published site.
- Move the "index.html" file and folders to your desktop and upload them to your FTP server.